Why should you use online e-signature?
New digital tools enable the many benefits of an online e-signature solution. But the number one reason for using electronic signatures is that it’s faster and easier to manage and sign contracts online than to sign with pen and paper. Electronic signatures enable you to be more responsive to your customers while eliminating the need for burdensome tasks such as scheduling, printing, shipping, faxing, and—the worst part—waiting.
Electronic signatures have become a standard of an efficient workflow.
Among the other benefits of an online e-signature solution are:
- Automated workflows
- Reliable and secure
- Reduced cost
- Transparency to the entire contract lifecycle
- Central place for all documents, stored in the cloud
- Better customer service
- Speeds up the time to invoice
Are e-signatures legally binding?
Using an online e-signature solution to maintain your contracts is secure and legally binding. The Electronic Signature in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN) and state adoption of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) allow for electronic signatures to hold the same legal status as traditional wet signatures.
Partnering with the right service will ensure the security and legality of your contracts. For all agreements you’ll want to:
- Know who signed the contract, and can the e-signature system verify the signature.
- Confirm that the signatory intended to sign the contract.
- Ensure the signatory provided their consent to use an electronic signature.
With Countersign contracts are signed fast –
faster than a wet signature takes to dry.
Manage your contracts anywhere, anytime
Using an e-signature solution will allow you to manage your contracts from anywhere and on any device. An online contract portal will make it easy for you to manage and track contracts throughout their entire lifecycle. All parties can access the contract anywhere at their own convenience.
You can also manage and verify changes to the contract online, and ensure that no changes are made after signing.
How does this work in Countersign?
- Create a new contract or choose from your templates.
- Add custom fields, signature blocks, checkboxes, and any other field you would need in the contract.
- Easily add your signatories and automatically send an email, so they know the contract is ready to sign.
If there are multiple signatories, the signatures can be requested in a designated order.
- Signatories simply follow the link in the email and sign the document. No sign-in required.
- Once the contract is completed, all parties receive the finalized document.
- All contracts are stored centrally in the cloud.
Start using an e-signature solution
Transitioning to an electronic signature and digital contract management process may sound complicated, but it is really simple. And businesses can further benefit from using online solutions:
- Digitized manual processes are less expensive and more efficient. Businesses can expect an increased return on investment with the new contract system.
- As documents are stored in the cloud, it also poses as a safe and secure backup system. Using an online storage system means the documents are easier to find, update, and verify.
- Using digital processes is necessary to remain relevant in a fast-paced, ever-changing marketplace.
Finding the right e-signature partner will make the process seamless and help you make full use of the benefits of maintaining contracts online.
Trust Countersign with your contracts –
it’s safe, secure and available 24/7.
Start your free account